or a neighbor need A Brush With Kindness?
A Brush with Kindness is a program
that helps preserve homeownership by partnering with homeowners
struggling to restore and maintain a safe and decent place to live. When basic
expenses exceed income month after month, home maintenance is the usual
casualty. Years of deferred maintenance can cause a downward spiral of home
deterioration and unsafe living conditions.
- Are you living in challenging circumstances, which
have created issues that are beyond what you can handle on your
- Are you struggling to keep your home in livable
- Have you had to choose between paying for
food, medication, taxes, and basic utilities?
- Are you facing city code violations or homeowner
insurance cancellation due to the condition of your home?
- Must complete Homeowner Application
- Family income must be between 20% to 50% of the Tri-Cities
Area Median Income (AMI)
- Homes must be owner-occupied
- Scope of work must match program resources
- All able-bodied homeowners and residents of the home
are required to work alongside volunteers
- Homeowners should be cooperative
partners with staff and volunteers
a homeowner's eligibility is determined and their application is accepted,
Tri-Cities Habitat's A Brush with Kindness program provides caring
volunteer groups who come alongside and assist homeowners in completing
minor repairs, painting, and other home maintenance.